Thread: computer will not boot after installing 2gb kingston ram additionally

computer will not boot after installing 2gb kingston ram additionally

I am already running my computer with Kingston 2 gb Ram 800mhz on my Asus motherboard with amd power supply. This system that I have built is couple of years old. Since my motherboard can support more Ram, so I bought additional 2gb ram of kingston to run my system in Dual Channel Mode. After installing this Ram, when I try to turn on my computer then it will not boot at all. I also cannot hear any beep sound but only a complete black screen with monitor light blinking continuously. How can I run my pc with this 2gb Ram of kingston, please help me out. Thanks.

Re: computer will not boot after installing 2gb kingston ram additionally

Have you tried running your computer with the new stick of Kingston RAM and not with the old RAM stick? Is the computer booting now, if not then it could be likely a bad memory stick. You can try to test the RAM with memtest86 tool and see if it produces any error? If you dont get any error then try to test each slot of RAM on the motherboard?

Can you tell us what is the model number of your Asus motherboard? Also what is the model number of the Kingston RAM that you have bought newly? I suspect that either you motherboard or the kingston RAM model is not compatible with either of the hardware or so. Can you check from the motherboard manual, what kind of ram does it support?

Well, if with the new RAM only the computer is not able to boot then surely its the memory issue rather than any other hardware or software problem. You can replace the RAM immediately since it will be in the warranty period. In any case, you could also try to do a BIOS update for your motherboard and see if that helps you out. With the new releases of firmware for motherboard BIOS you get many fixes, so just try it once. Otherwise you can always try to replace the RAM.