Thread: Kingston HyperX 3k vs Samsung 830 SSD

Kingston HyperX 3k vs Samsung 830 SSD

I want to add a SSD on my desktop. I am having a new Intel Core i5 pc with 4GB ram and 2TB ram on it. I want to make it like an centralized location for data storage. Now the system works fine, but I want to keep the operating system as separate. The second 2TB hard drive will be only used for data and I do not want to simply spoil it by installing the operating system. I hope this will be more appropriate. The system works fine but I want to add a SSD on which I am going to run window server. I am having two models in my mind. The first is Kingston HyperX 3K and second one is Samsung 830. Which is better here.

Re: Kingston HyperX 3k vs Samsung 830 SSD

I will go with Kingston. I am using one. It works fine with system boot time. SSD's are quiet good for laptops. It improves the performance to great extent and make the system work more better. But they are surely a costly upgrade. You must choose them wisely.

I can provide you a bit information on Kingston HyperX 3k. This is a nice high end model for enhancing the system performance. You can expect really good performance from the ssd. The reason lies with fast performance flash chips use in the same. The SSD is build on SandForce controller technology which offers a great data transfer speed with ample of nice features. Right now the drive uses SATA 3.0 interface which offers a maximum of 6GB/s of transfer speed. SSD's are great for improving the performance of the system. You can even install windows and even run games on it. Compare to a traditional hard drive this SSD's are far more better. According to me there are more variation available under Kingstone. You can choose from 4 different storage space here. They are 90GB, 120GB, 240GB and 480GB. The drive upto 555 mb/s speed that is more than enough to boost the performance of any system. The other one 480GB offers you a bit lower 540mb/s of speed. There is simply no problem with the output. The drives great. Due to ample of storage space available in the market you have more choices to go for.

SSD's are costly upgrade. They are reliable that is why many trust them. But you can also do the same job with your existing drive also. That is quiet appropriate according to me. I am using a 2 drives here. One is 500GB that has all software and OS and the other one is 1TB that has data. It works fine.

There is a great difference between the performance output of a regular hard drive and between a SSD. There is also a big difference between performance and reliability. In SSD you have low chances of losing data due to ample of reason. Here Kingston SSD works with SandForce SF-2281 controller that boost the output. This is one the best feature which is not available in any other SSD. Here the drive speed also increases and also gives more reliability to the drive. The life is also extended here. Now as per an test the drive can offer you 3000 write / erase cycles. Which means the drive can works constantly for years. It is simply hard to calculate that in days. Whenever you buy a SSD you must check for the read and write life. That makes it more durable. Being thin in size the drive are comfortable choice for laptop and desktop. On a regular drive when you use it constantly it has moving parts which keeps on rotating at great speed thus generating heat. So long usage can make the drive heat up soon. While in SSD this thing does not exist. On my laptop I am able to get around 25mb/s of transfer speed. For transferring and converting HD videos this is a very awesome speed.

The speed fluctuates on the base of sata port. Ample of hard drive has 6GB/s sata controller. And if you are using the same on 3Gbps interface then it might work slow and will not give you the right transfer speed. According to me SSD's are one time investment to boot system performance.

Samsung is also not bad here.There are some nice models provided by it. I had seen some thin SSD's by Samsung offers a SATA 6 gbps interface with more better flash cips. The 830 series here belong to the performance series. There are around 11 different SSD models available under the 830 series. You can just simply go buy anyone as per your need. There are more choices here compare to kingston. While ample of SSD's comes with a common transfer speed. Every SSD manufacturer here uses a different kind of controllers to enhance the output. Loaded with Samsung Toggle DDR NAND Flash Memory the output here is quiet great. The drive also has 256MB DDR2 SDRAM Cache Memory that simply keeps a list of your most recently used applications. So that it can launch with lightning speed and you can start your work instantly. Boot time is greatly affected once you apply SSD in your system. Instead of waiting for long time your system just starts instantly.

I own one Samsung SSD. It works fine. I did not went much into the technical details. But they are reasonable and has ample of great output. It is right that once you add a SSD in your system the performance is just improved more than 60% compare to the existing one. It is also great for gaming.

I own one Samsung SSD. It works fine. I did not went much into the technical details. But they are reasonable and has ample of great output. It is right that once you add a SSD in your system the performance is just improved more than 60% compare to the existing one. It is also great for gaming.