Thread: Kingston v100 "Non-System disk" error on hp laptop

Kingston v100 "Non-System disk" error on hp laptop

I am using a HP laptop and have been using the Kingston v100 256gb for quite a while now. But suddenly, today, when I tried to boot up my computer then I started getting error related to Non-System disk and this SSD is not recognized by the laptop that I have? I have only done a Windows Update recently and nothing else. I went into BIOS and checked that it is set to IDE Mode, so I tried changing it but still it didnt work? So can anyone tell me how to solve this issue? Thanks.

Re: Kingston v100 "Non-System disk" error on hp laptop

Follow the below steps and see if that helps you to repair the Non System Disk error:
    1. First of all you will need to download a non system disk error repair tool like Regcure, or if you want other then just search it on google and you will get plenty of them. After you have downloaded the same tool then try to install this error repair tool.
    2. Now you have to click the Repair All Button and then it will start to scan you pc.
    3. Lastly you have to click the Repair All Button again and your done, check if you are still getting the error or not.

There might be some registry issues if you are getting this non system disk error on your laptop. So, you can try some good registry cleaner tools that can solve this issue. It might be also possible that the hard drive might be damaged and soon going to die. So, better take the hard drive to some repair shop to backup the important data that you would want.

It was told that there were some SSDNow V100 that were having some technical problems with the firmware they came with. So there was a firmware update released to sort out this problem and also helo to prevent any data loss. So you will need to backup your data first in order to do the firmware uupdate. You can download the firmware update from this link - http://media.kingston.com/support/do...nly_111012.iso

You can also use the steps below to remove all non-system disks and reboot a notebook PC.
    1. Disconnect any USB or 1394 (Firewire) devices that are attached to the computer.
    2. Remove any CD and DVD discs from the drives.
    3. If your computer has a floppy disk drive, remove any floppy disks from the drive.
    4. Press and hold the Power button for 5 Seconds to turn off the PC. Then, press and release the Power button to turn on the PC.

For more troubleshooting method follow this link here.