Thread: Can I connect my PC to Kingston wii drive wirelessly

Can I connect my PC to Kingston wii drive wirelessly

I have gone through specification of Kingston wi drive and its says “ Wireless storage for your mobile devices, including iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, Android devices, Kindle Fire and more.”
    So form that I understand that Kingston wi drive can be connected to the mentioned device wirelessly. However, the word “more” is a bit confusing. So I want to know if I can connect it to my pc wirelessly???

Re: Can I connect my PC to Kingston wi drive wirelessly

No you can’t. It can be connected to mobile devices only but that doesn’t mean that you can connect it to all mobile devices supporting wifi. It has some limitations and the only way of connecting it to your system is via usb for transferring data.

Yes it doesn’t work with all mobile phones supporting wifi. One of my friends has bought Kingston wi drive 16 GB one. Our android phones were getting connected to it without any issues but when I tried connecting my Nokia E63 then I got an error message saying “Feed format not supported”. As mentioned in its specification it supports ios, android and kindles devices only. I don’t think it will work with any other devices.

If it cannot be connected to pc or laptops supporting wifi then I don’t think it’s worth paying for. I mean here in India online sites like flipkart, snapdeal are selling it for 5 k approximately and that too the 16 GB one.

I agree that it’s world’s first external drive that can be accessed over wifi and I really appreciate that but its limitation for mobile devices is really a bit disappointing. I was willing to get one but I’ve changed my mind now.

Kingston wi drive is not world’s first external drive that can be accessed over wifi. Seagate had come up with “GoFlex Satellite Mobile Wireless Storage” Earlier. Seagate Satellite can be connected to iPad, Android tablets and Smartphone’s just like Kingston wi drive can. If you are interested then you can check out it s complete detail and specification on its official site. Unike Kingston wi drive it can Automatically sync media and documents from your PC or Mac computer. I think GoFlex Satellite might be of your interest.

Hey thanks for pointing me to GoFlex Satellite Mobile Wireless Storage. It’s worth paying and that’s the kind of drive I was looking for. Rather than buying the Kingston wi drive 32 GB i’ll get GoFlex Satellite. It has 500GB of storage capacity, better battery life and the best thing “It can automatically sync media and documents from our PC or Mac computer”. It’s costlier and big in size compared to Kingston wi drive but it’s just worth. It’s being sold on Flipkart for Rs. 10260. If I my guess is right then Kingston wi drive 32 GB will be sold in India for the same price.