Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 booting problem

Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 booting problem

I am using Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 motherboard and recently I installed Windows 8.1 on a SSD. I am also using Intel Core i5 processor with 8GB RAM. After installing this operating system the pc seems to boot very slowly. At the time of posting the computer sits on code 64 for some time and at times it is getting longer to boot as well. I am running F6 bios in my pc and there are some beta bios available, so installing it would not cause any trouble and solve the issue? Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 booting problem

Can you please elaborate whether the pc is freezing or just hangs at boot? Can you tell us what is the boot time when you press the power button and then go to the desktop? I would suggest you disconnect all your system and then carefully reseat all the RAM sticks and connect it one by one and check if there are no problems with it. After that try to reseat the CPU as well and also make sure that the socket is not bent or there are any mis-aligned pins.

Have you tried uninstalling all the old drivers for your chipsets, video cards, audio onboard, ect? If you have not still done it then it could be possible that the old drivers are still stuck and causing the slowdown of the bootup. I would like to suggest you to install CCleaner software, that can be easily found by searching on google, and install it in your pc. After opening the CCleaner software just do all the cleaning process for everything including Registry cleanup.

How old is your RAM and all other components? You should first try to remove all the memory sticks first and then reconnet power and retest it. You should also try to use the RAM sticks alternatively. If there is no change the you should try to check the CPU socket. You can also try to press the power or reset button on the motherboard and see if you get a fast boot, also try to check your power supply which might be causing the problem.