Thread: Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti error "Display driver stopped responding"

Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti error "Display driver stopped responding"

I just made myself a new computer build with GTX 780 Ti and I am continuously getting error message "Display driver stopped responding" when playing a game and the computer locks completely. When I underclock this graphics card then I can play the games but only for an hour but again it will crash in such underclock. This problem is happening with few latest games only like Battlefield 4, Far Cry 4, etc; other old games are still running fine. So, I dont know whether I would be able to replace it in warranty as well or not?

Re: Gigabyte GTX 780 Ti error "Display driver stopped responding"

I have heard that Gigabyte GTX 780Ti video cards are having some kind of known problem for many users who have purchased it. You can read from many discussion boards that how many users are having similar issue with this card even though the problem is not random where this card seems to be unstable. You should immediately try to RMA it to gigabyte and get a replacement for this graphics card.

Can you tell us what is the make and model of your Power Supply? There are some PSUs with multiple rail versions which is taken into consideration. While you are gaming then what is the temperature of your GPU, also at idle note down its temp. Also, if you are doing RMA too many times then Gigabyte will refuse it for sure. And if there is heating issue then they are not responsible for the environment that you have kept the GPU at.

Even I am having this same issue while playing games with my Gigabyte GTX 780Ti card. After a lot of research I found a post from Nvidia where a guy has made a F3 Bios with downclocked memory of -160mhz. After applying this, he was not facing any flickering or crashing in 3Dmark11. You will just lose 2% performance while playing games or any other things and nothing much, just download the bios file from here - http://www.file-upload.net/download-...table.rom.html