Thread: Gigabyte GTX 970 connecting to dvi not working

Gigabyte GTX 970 connecting to dvi not working

I own a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 graphics card from quite some time and when I was trying to connect in my second monitor then into the DVI-I port then it didnt work. I am simply gettting a No Signal message on the monitor. When I connect it in the DVI-D port then it works properly but I have heard that many people are having problems with the DVI-D port. Can anyone tell me how do I get the second monitor working on the DVI-I port ? Thanks for any help.

Re: Gigabyte GTX 970 connecting to dvi not working

Even I was facing a similar type of problem. I was not able to get any display via the DVI-I or DVI-D only via the DP and hdmi but later on I eventually got the top DVI-I working. But after coming from work I again got no display again via the DVI-I. So to solve this issue I had to connect the DP cable again to get a display and then reconnected the DVI cable to the top DVI-I connector and then I started getting the display again.

I have read that there are 5 different combinations which will plug in but not work on every system. You will need to check the socket on the monitor and the socket on the GPU output. Incase there are 2 DVI outputs on the graphics card then one of those is probably dual link and the other is probably single link. You can even try to have it connected into a DVI-I socket on the GPU with a DVI-D single link cable into the DVI-D dual link socket on monitor.

Well, I will recommend you to use the HDMI + Displayport combination or HDMI + DVI-I combo or the DVI-I + DVI-D combo for connecting two monitors. You should also keep the same resolutions on the monitors. A single GTX 970 graphics card can hold upto 4 different monitors at a time and the Gigabyte brand is the best one in comparison. With this card you get 3 display ports, 1 HDMI, 1 DVI-D, 1 DVI-I, so 2 monitor setup is quite easy.