Thread: unable to access Gigabyte X99-UD4 BIOS menu

unable to access Gigabyte X99-UD4 BIOS menu

I am using the Gigabyte Ga-X99-UD4 motherboard from quite some time. I have installed Windows 8 on it and the pc boots normally without any issues. But the problem is if I am trying to enter BIOS setup in a cold boot then it hands with a blank screen. After when I remove all the hard drives it will then go into the BIOS menu comfortably. But when I use the hard drive on other system then it works without any problems. So is there any problems with Gigabyte boards with Sata drives? Any ideas

Re: unable to access Gigabyte X99-UD4 BIOS menu

Since how long it has been you are using Windows 8 on your pc, is it recently installed? If that is the case then it could be possible that the Windows 8 operating system is causing the issue since it uses UEFI and it is used to boot OS very fast. You can try to unplug the drive that has Windows 8 and test if you can boot to bios then. I am running Windows 7 on this same motherboard and am not having any problems so far.

It might also be possible that the hard drive is faulty and that is why it is causing issues. How old is the hard drive that you are using? If it is still under warranty then you can try to replace them. In the meanwhile, if you have any other hard drive then you can try to install Windows 8 on it and check after that if you can boot to the bios setup or not. Try different Sata cables for the hard drive as well, you never know which is at fault.

I would suggest you to get a usb dive and format it to FAT32. After that download the latest version of your Gigabyte GA-X99-UD4 BIOS from its official website and unzip the files onto the root directory of the usb drive. Reboot your system and press End key continuously to get into an option called Q-Flash mode that will enable you to update the BIOS firmware of your motherboard. With this update I am sure that your problem might get solved.