Thread: best mobo between Asus Z87-A and Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H

best mobo between Asus Z87-A and Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H

Is there anyone who can tell me which motherboard will be good for overclocking, fan control and other things? I am currently looking at the Asus Z87-A or the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H mobo's for selection. I want a board that has better fan control in bios and i dont want to use application to control it. The board should also a good overclocking capability and for this purpose I also have a cooler and Corsair 750Watt PSU installed. Please recommend me the best one. Thanks

Re: best mobo between Asus Z87-A and Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H

Asus is a very well know brand for making good motherboards. They also have a good fan control in BIOS, Q-Fan and good overclocking capabilities. So, I would suggest you to get the ASUS Z87-A LGA motherboard that comes for only $100. You can get this board at a very cheap rate and it is also very reliable. There are plenty of ports on this board and the BIOS menu is also very smooth, you can easily overclock from the bios options itself.

All the Z87 motherboard that you will choose will work at the same leverl and give you decent overclocking rates. So, you should try to select the motherboard that comes at a lesser price and utilize the savings somewhere else. As for overclocking it usually depends on your CPU, if you have haswell then you can overclock the CPU to a much high rate but once the voltage gets past the 1.25v then heat will increase obviously with the cooler not making much difference.

I am onwing a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H motherboard and am very impressed with it. There are plenty of USB ports on this board along with lots of PCIe options and PCI slot which can be used for higher end DVR systems. The motherboard build is rock solid and it also comes with 4 Sata connectors. It is also very easy to change the BIOS settings with the UEFI user interface. You will also like it for overclocking purpose.