Thread: blue screen problem with Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H

blue screen problem with Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H

I am using Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H mobo and having a lot of Stop screen errors on same which usually happens when the computer goes in sleep mode. I am getting different numbers of stop error codes which is happening after 2 weeks when I build this computer but now they are occuring quite frequently. I have already installed the latest version of drivers for my Gigabyte motherboard and also updated to the latest bios version. Does anyone know what all test should I do to find out what is causing this problem? TY

Re: blue screen problem with Gigabyte GA-H87-D3H

Dear Lanette,

Please provide me the following system specifications (with brand and model):

• Processor:
    • Motherboard(With Rev written on the bottom left hand side corner):
    • RAM:
    • Graphics Card:
    • HDD:
    • Power Supply(SMPS):

Well, did you try to disable the sleep mode completely and also keep the hard drive on all the time and never go to sleep. Or you can simply choose High performance and then select when the computer can go to sleep. After that simply turn off the monitor after a period of time and check if that makes any kind of changes before disabling them in the bios. Report back if the blue screen problem happens again, listing all the error messages that you are getting.

Have you also attempted to test the RAM in your system or else tried different memory? Can you tell us what is the model of the RAM sticks you are using and its speed that it is running? There are sometimes that some RAM sticsk are not able to run properly on some motherboards. Also, are you running a video card or only using the onboard graphics of the motherboard? How much wattage is your power supply because if it is below 500W and you are using a graphics card as well, then there might be some power instability.

Can you try to set the hard drives to never sleep because then it will tell you if there is any kind of issues with the sleep states. After doing this, incase you are not getting any blue screen now with the hard drive set as always on then the problem will be narrowed down to the sleep states only. There seems to be some sort of problems with different power supplies and C3 sleep states, so you can try to disable this sleep state and check if that solves the problem or not.