Thread: Gigabyte Z87X-HD3 usb 3.0 problem

Gigabyte Z87X-HD3 usb 3.0 problem

I am recently picked up this motherboard and when I am trying to install the intel usb 3.0 drivers then everytime all the usb port stops working including the usb 2 ports and front ports. I can easily solve this by connecting a PS/2 keyboard and uninstall the intel software and driver. But still the issue remains because the USB 3 ports run at USB 2 speeds when I am using USB 3 devices in them. Occasionally I also get unknown device in device manager? Can anyone please help me out? Thanks

Re: Gigabyte Z87X-HD3 usb 3.0 problem

Can you tell us from where you are getting the drivers and installing it on your machine? You should actually get all your motherboard drivers from Gigabyte's manufacturer website. So, you need to go to this link - http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...Z87X-HD31.1#dl. They have listed all the latest drivers available for your motherboard. Note that if you dont have any RAID configuration then dont install any of those drivers.

Did you try to check in Device Manager to see if there is any yellow exclamation mark on the USB devices? You should try to uninstall whatever driver is installed for the usb device and then immdiately install the proper ones from Gigabyte website. Just download and save a copy of it on your hard drive somewhere. If still this doesnt work then try to delete all the devices together and then install the correct one.

Well, for using USB 3.0 you will need to install drivers for same in your system and then only usb 3.0 devices would work on it. As you are describing, even after installing the correct usb 3.0 drivers it is failing then surely there seems to be some issues with the motherboard itself. So what you can do is try to RMA the board for a new one or else get it repaired. It will be having atleast 3 years of warranty period left on it. After 15-20 days you will get a working board.

Dear Irfan Khan,

Please try re-installing OS & Download the latest drivers from our website:
    http://www.gigabyte.in/products/prod...px?pid=4764#dl

Which SMPS(Power Supply) are you using ?