Thread: best Gigabyte motherboard for gaming

best Gigabyte motherboard for gaming

I am looking to build a new gaming computer but I am confused which motherboard should I purchase? I am thinking of buying either the Gigabyte or Asus motherboard but I dont know what will fit my requirements for gaming purpose. I have already made my mind to go for Intel I7-4790K processor and Nvidia GTX 970 graphics card. For RAM I will be choosing either Corsair Vengance 8GB or Kingston HyperX 8GB memory. I have heard that Gigabyte motherboards are more reliable and cheap. So do you have any recommendations? Thanks.

Re: best Gigabyte motherboard for gaming

I would recommend you to go for the GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming 5 which is the best board for gaming purpose. It is a very fast motherboard and the audio chipset is also made up of good quality and has some good programs. It will easily support the latest Intel 1150 processors after BIOS update and also the Intel I7-4790K CPU. You can also easily overclock RAM and CPU on this board and its layout is also great for its size.

Well, incase you dont have any worries shelling out money then you can even get the Gigabye Z97 Gaming 7 motherboard. As for the RAM you can also try to stick with a 16GB memory because you will not have to worry about anything for a couple of years. Most of the new games released by far require 8GB of RAM and considering that every passing year, the future games will require more RAM requirements that what is used now.

The GIGABYTE GA-Z97X-Gaming 7 is the best gaming motherboard that you can go for. No doubt it is costly but it works as advertised. The BIOS of this board is very smooth and there are tons of help for overclocking inside it. It also comes with an inbuilt app center which is very useful. You can also use this board for 2 graphics card in SLI without any issues. The board is very sturdy and it also looks nice in a windowed computer case.

Dear Waneta,

If you are looking for Mid-High range gaming motherboard from Gigabyte, then Z97X-Gaming 7 is the best one to get.

If you are looking for High range gaming motherboard from Gigabyte then you also may have a look at Z97X-Gaming GT or Z97X-Gaming G1 WIFI-BK