Thread: How to install Windows XP on Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H

How to install Windows XP on Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H

I am using a Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H motherboard with Intel I5 core processor and 2x4GB of DDR3 RAM. At the moment, I am only having a copy of an upgrade version of Windows 8 which will need either a Windows XP or Windows 7. I am having the full version of Windows XP but not Windows 7. But when I am trying to install Windows XP then the installation hangs at the screen that states "Windows is starting". Can anyone tell me how do I install Windows XP on this mobo, so that I can upgrade to Windows 8 later on? Thanks

Re: How to install Windows XP on Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H

Are you not able to performa a clean install of Windows 8 on your pc? You can easily do a clean install of the operating system even with an upgrade version of Windows 8. You can try to follow this link - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/w.../clean-install to install Windows 8 from the starting. If still you are having some issues, then try to remove some RAM sticks from your machine and then try to install Windows XP.

There is an article on this link http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310760 which seems to have got some information about the problem being with the device driver on the motherboard. It might also be possible that your motherboard does not have the latest BIOS revision. Contact the computer's manufacturer or check the manufacturer's Web site. Many manufacturers have updated their BIOS revisions to properly support Advanced Configuration and Power Interface (ACPI).

I think that F15 is the latest bios for the motherboard that you are using and you can download it from this link - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=4803#bios. But anyhow, you can easily do a clean install of Windows 8 on different machines, without any requirement of installing any other version of Windows. When you want to install from another version of operating system like Windows XP then it is called upgrading.