Thread: low FPS with Gigabyte GTX 970 graphics card

low FPS with Gigabyte GTX 970 graphics card

I recently purchased the Gigabyte GTX 970 graphics card and there is some performance issue I am facing with it. When I am playing Assassins Creed Unity then I am only getting 30FPS at ultra setting. I thought that this problem was happening because of the game that I was playing but later on when I played an old game then also I got only 40FPS with continuous drops as well. I have noticed that the GPU usage goes to 100% when I am playing games. I am using AMD FX-6300 CPU and Seasonic 750W power supply on a gigabyte motherboard. Thanks

Re: low FPS with Gigabyte GTX 970 graphics card

If I am not wrong then usually with your Gigabyte GTX 970 video card you should be getting a good amount of FPS and even at 1080p resolution. While gaming at max I get a very high GPU usage so I cannot see that it could be a GPU related problem. However, I am thiking that there might be some bottleneck because of the AMD FX-6300 CPU that you are using. If you can just overclock the CPU a bit and then test by playing games on your system then you can perhaps get some points.

There are many people who are facing same problem on different CPUs. I am thinking that it could be related to a driver issue and there is no workaround for this issue yet. One of my friend was also getting the same FPS around 35 and it seems that there is something wrong with the driver or else the graphics card itself. For the meantime you can run some antivirus software on your computer and clean out all the old drivers and check what happens.

Sometimes it is just best to fresh install your Operating System, chipset, sound driver, and graphics card driver first and then try to play the game with the new system. In any case if there is any bottleneck issue then the only way to find it out is by testing the CPU load when you are playing games on your computer. When you are playing then you need to check the GPU temperature while gaming just to clearify it or so.