Thread: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 fan noisy

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 fan noisy

I have recently purchased a new Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 graphics card from my local store. After using it for a while I found that the fan makes a loud noise when it reaches 34% even at idle? So, is there anyway to get the fans running lower than 34% and escape from the loud noise? There is no temperature issue with this card because it still remains at 32-34 degrees at idle but only the noisy fan makes me uncomfortable. Thanks for any suggestions.

Re: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 970 G1 fan noisy

What is your computer build? I mean, if you got an ultra-silent system then it should not make loud noise. I checked on other forums and found out that you can edit the BIOS of the graphics card to reduce the Idle RPM amount and thus can make them more quiet during idle. But when you are using the video card at full load then you wont be able to avoid the loud sound am afraid. There isnt any other solution at the moment for this card.

Can you tell us whether the RPM goes down to the equivalent to 34%? You can try to use manual fan setting and see if that makes any difference. While keeping the speed of the fan on automatic it will adjust the fan of the card at any percenage at idle even though this video card is still locked to 50% minimum fan speed. When you are gaming then try to check how much does it hits and makes more loud sound?

Well, only Gigabyte can solve this issue by releasing a new BIOS for the video card to lower down the fan speed in actual. Normally, it is not quite good to have the fans running at 34% and making loud noise at idle. This will generally make the card to get spoiled sooner than its normal usage. If only there was some options to turn off the fans in idle like in MSI or Asus cards, then this card would have been worth it.