Thread: Asus or Gigabyte motherboard for GTX 970 SLI

Asus or Gigabyte motherboard for GTX 970 SLI

I am soon going to assemble a new computer for myself. I am going to use this computer for heavy gaming and video editing and rendering. So, I am not sure about which motherboard should I go for. I am going to buy 2 GTX 970 graphics card and put them in SLI and will also do some overclocking to get good Frames per second in games. So, I wanted to know which motherboard among Asus or Gigabyte brands would be the best for SLI gaming in very high settings? Thank you

Re: Asus or Gigabyte motherboard for GTX 970 SLI

I would suggest you to get the Asus Hero VII motherboard which is the best board for overclocking and gaming. It has a decent build quality and has a very easy to understand BIOS menu. You can overclock your processor till 4.6ghz without any issues. Get the G.SKILL Trident X Series 16GB DDR3 2400 memory sticks for this motherboard which works great and it also reads the XMP profile without any glitches.

Both Gigabyte and Asus motherboards are the top of line brands that you can go for. You should especially look for the Z97 boards for SLI configuration. For better overclocking search for the mobo's that come with more power phases and use bigger heatsinks for cooling down the temperature but anyhow you can also get a good overclock rate with a $120 motherboard if you are limited to some budget.

The Gigabyte GA-G1.Sniper Z97 is also a good motherboard for gaming. It has a very simple BIOS menu and works quietly with any 16GB DDR3 RAM. It also comes with the Sound Blaster audio onboard. The looks of this board is quite amazing and it also fits nicely in any computer cases. You can easily install any high profile RAM and it wont get blocked. This motherboard will surely fit your needs perfectly and will also last for long usage.