Thread: Asus GTX 970 vs Gigabyte GTX 970 graphics card

Asus GTX 970 vs Gigabyte GTX 970 graphics card

I have already done too many searches for this video cards but the problem is I am getting confused because all different hardware specs are very complicated. My main question is that which brand GTX 970 will be the best overclocker graphics card to use? I have read a lot of Gigabyte cards being the best but the Asus brand is also much highly popular. So can anyone tell me whether should I go with Gigabyte GTX 970 or Asus GTX 970? Thank you

Re: Asus GTX 970 vs Gigabyte GTX 970 graphics card

I have seen that most of the people are choosing the MSI graphics card because it is capable to overclock higher compared to others along with Gigabyte cards. On the other hand the EVGA cards are seen to not have chips aligned on their heatsink properly. As for the Asus cards, it is just a good company and nothing to be afraid of. So, if I were you I would first choose the MSI 970 over the Gigabyte 970 graphics card, however, you can also choose the latter which works pretty well.

I was also looking for a comparison for the same cards and found that Gigabyte GTX 970 is a well deserved card. The best part about this Gigabyte video card is that it remains cool even on full load while playing games. It has got a good backplate and it is the best overclockable card compared to Asus or any other in this model range. It also comes with LED logo if you like this kind of stuff. However it is a bit expensive compared to Asus GTX 970.

Well, it really depends what you are looking for in the graphics card in the end. The cards that you have listed are pretty close to each other and excellent in many ways. If you want to go for the best performance card then Gigabyte will be just sufficient for you. The Gigabyte 970 is a quiet, cool and not so power hungry graphics card at all. The Asus strix uses passive cooling on their card which keeps the temperature a bit lower at maximum load. So, it is upto you to decide what you want exactly from the card.