Thread: getting blue screen after updating Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 bios

getting blue screen after updating Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 bios

I have been using Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 motherboard from quite sometime and recently I updated the its bios to the latest vesion using the @BIOS program. While using @BIOS it downloaded the latest version of the BIOS and installed it properly. So after I restarted my computer and passed the bios splash screen then it showed me blue screen for few seconds and then the restarting continued. Now, everytime I boot my computer it stucks on the screen which reads Loading Operating System and nothing else. Can anyone please tell me how do I solve this issue? Thanks

Re: getting blue screen after updating Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 bios

Can you check if you can boot into the BIOS. To get into the BIOS menu you can try to press the Del key continuously on your keyboard immediately when the computer boots. You should normally try to boot to the BIOS and setup everything like it was previously whenever doing a BIOS upgrade or even a BIOS reset. Incase you have set to AHCI mode in BIOS then it might be in GPT mode and etc. You will also need to set the memory to advertized timings and speed again and anything else that has to be set.

You should not use the automatic tool of @BIOS to upgrade Gigabyte motheboard's bios. This program which is used for flashing can go wrong and overwrite the bios boot block which is responsible for dual BIOS recovery function. It can also brick your motherboard and you wont be able to RMA your board next time as well. You should always download the correct bios file for your motherboard model and install it manually rather than using any programs.

I was also facing this similar issue. I did the same mistake of using @BIOS to flash the update on my Gigabyte motherboard. After facing this similar errors I noticed that I was using the revision 2.0 motherboard and I was also attempting to flash the wrong version on my board. So, after downloading the proper bios update to a flash drive I re-flashed my board with the latest stable update using Q-Flash and now everything is working fine now.