Thread: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 wont post

Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 wont post

I am running Amd Fx-8320 on my Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 board along with 8GB RAM and GTX 780 video card. I also have a 750W power supply installed in my system. Recently I got my computer repaired because of some overheating problem and after 2 months of usage it has started giving me issues. Everything was working fine last night, but today in the morning when I booted my computer then it will not go past the motherboard splash screen at all. It seems that my pc wont post and I dont even get any beep codes or any error messages. Can anyone tell me what is wrong with my computer? Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 wont post

Can you check whether your the 4 pin cable is not disconnected or so. I am assuming that if the pc didnt move at all then it is not possible for the cable to simply jump out of its socket. You can try to use some electrical tape to connect the 2 plastic sections together and see that it doesnt come out again. The Power Supply that you are using and motherboard should be able to clip in on the 4 port, can you also confirm whether the clip is not broken?

Does the problem happens randomly or continuously? What I mean to ask is that if sometimes your computer boots and sometimes the fans dont even move or something? Can you try to use one stick on RAM at a time and see if your computer boots normally. Also try to disconnect all peripherals and restart your computer. Try to remove the power and remove the bios battery as well and reset the CMOS and after that put the battery back in and power back the computer.

There might be some kind of inconsistency of voltage to your processor. I have read that your gigabyte board is a low end AMD 970 chipset mobo which doesnt support Amd Fx-8320 black edition processor if you own it. You wont find any heatsink on the VRM on this mobo and there is also no fan cooling VRM modules. So because of using such unsupported CPU might have damaged the motherboard and hence you are facing such issues.