Thread: HELP! Pop Crackling noise on G41M-ES2H

HELP! Pop Crackling noise on G41M-ES2H

Hi all,

Since I upgrade my G41M-ES2H to run Windows 7 64 bits, I have been experiencing pop/crackling noise when I played videos through on board HDMI to my TV.

I am using the latest drivers and Windows 7 updates and the problem still exists. I never had this problem when I used Win XP on the same system.

Can anyone help?

Re: HELP! Pop Crackling noise on G41M-ES2H

Have you checked if your board is Windows 7 ready? Also, did you install the proper audio drivers in your pc? Check the HDMI connection to the TV whether it is properly inserted or not. You can also try to download the Thesycon's DPC latency checker and run it to see what output you get.

The PC was running perfectly under WinXP and I got the latest drivers for Win7-64bit from Gigabyte so it must be Win7 ready.

It runs Win7 perfectly except for the random pop/crackling noise (a bit like clipping audio). I even tried turning the HDMi audio level down but still had the same issue.

I have reverted to WinXP now and it runs perfectly without any issues. I believe Realtek stuffed up their Win 7 driver some how. Quite a few people have the same issues after switching to Win 7

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwind View Post
    I have reverted to WinXP now and it runs perfectly without any issues. I believe Realtek stuffed up their Win 7 driver some how. Quite a few people have the same issues after switching to Win 7
    Well, if that is the problem then it can be only solved by a stable release Realtek audio driver for Windows 7, you should try to email them and ask for a fix for this issue. By the way are you using any graphics card, if yes, then have you tried updating its drivers to the latest and tested the audio?

I have tried the latest driver from Realtek and Intel driver for the onboard graphics chip with no resolve

Quote Originally Posted by Wildwind View Post
    I have tried the latest driver from Realtek and Intel driver for the onboard graphics chip with no resolve

Well, you could try to use other sound card on your motherboard and then test it on Windows 7 and see if it works. Other than that, there is not much of an option left for you if Realtek itself is not able to give a supported driver.