Thread: FPS issue with GIGABYTE GTX 760

FPS issue with GIGABYTE GTX 760

I am using a Intel Core i7 processor with 8GB RAM and GIGABYTE GTX 760 video card on my Asus motherboard. Now the problem that I am facing with this graphics card is with the current resolution. I am not getting more than 40 fps in most of the games like Need for Speed Rivals. Sometime it will got 15C to 18C. Mostly in all games the fps drops everywhere. When I turn on Physx then it will worsen the case. So, if anyone knows how to solve this issue, please let me know about it. Thanks

Re: FPS issue with GIGABYTE GTX 760

The Gigabyte GTX 760 video card that you have can deliver upto 100 FPS in Need for Speed Rivals game. Have you tried to install the latest BIOS to your motherboard and also install the latest graphics driver by getting it from the Nvidia website. Actually, I was playing the game by making minor adjustments like loweing the vsync and turning off the msaa and then I was getting the 100 FPS in game. But still you should be getting 55+ FPS turning everything on.

Which version of the Intel i7 core CPU you are using? Is it a first generation i7 intel processor? If so there might be something to do with it, can you check the CPU load and see if it is not 100% when you are playing games, if yes then you might be facing a bottleneck. I have seen people playing all games at 60 FPS with this same GTX 760 card and they have not faced any problems aside from Crysis, which on ultra settings gives you only 40-45 FPS max.

Can you try to change the settings and resolution and check if the framerate changes, if not then it sure seems to be a problem of CPU bottleneck as said earlier. Also, most of this games that you have metioned are low optimized, so chances are there you will lose few FPS. The new i7 core processor would be an overkill for the game but your old one also isnt enough. The latest i7-4790K can be better used for all the future games for sure.