Thread: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 problem with ddr5 cards

Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 problem with ddr5 cards

I am having a Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 and recently I bought HD 6000 series graphics card that comes with the feature of DDR5. When I plug it in my pc then I have noticed that it is not working but when I use my old DDR3 graphics card then it is working fine without any issues. I am using Antec VP600P power supply in my system which is working fine. But I dont know why the DDR5 graphics card is only not working? Any ideas how to solve this issue? Thank you in advance.

Re: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 problem with ddr5 cards

Can you specify in details how the graphis card is not running? Like for example if you install the graphics card then you do not get any signal at all or what? It might be possible that it is not getting enough power? Have you tried to connect the 6pin adapter from the PSU in your video card? After doing all this, can you tell us whether the fan of the card is spinning or not? If it is not spinning then surely there might be some problems with the video card and you will need to replace it asap.

Have you tried to clear the CMOS and checked if that worked? To do that simply take the CMOS battery inserted on the motherboard for 5 minutes and then re-insert it back to its place and boot the pc. If this doesnt work then check if there is any BIOS update available for the graphics card compatibility. You can get the bios update easily on the manufacturers website. After the bios update, most of the compatibility issues with the hardware get easily resolved, so try it first.

The Gigabyte motherboard that you have has onboard graphics, so that might be conflicting with the graphics card when you insert it. To resolve this issue, you need to first take out the card and then boot your pc to BIOS and check for options to disable the onboard graphics. After that try to plug your graphics card and then boot the pc to check if it works. If still this doesnt work, then check the video card on other compatible computer and see if it is working, if not then you have got yourself a bad graphics card.