Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP booting problem while using 4 Dimm slots

Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP booting problem while using 4 Dimm slots

Have recently bought this new Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP motherboard. After setting up the pc if I am using 4 Dimm slots then my computer will not boot at all. If I am not using all the 4 Dimm slots then my pc will boot normally and I can do whatever I want without any issues. I have seen that many people are also facing this same problem and there hasnt been any solution for it? So, I am just hoping that someone here can find some definite solution for this problem. Thank you

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP booting problem while using 4 Dimm slots

This issue is not solely happening to the Gigabyte GA-Z87-D3HP model motherboards but with people who have Z87 boards are also suffering from this problem while using all the 4 memory slots. Some user with Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD5H is also having constant blue screen of death while using the 4 Dimm. The solution is the same, that is, not to use all the 4 sticks which makes the computer stable, even though choosing any random slots. There are also not any errors with memtest software.

There is not any known solution for this problem on the Gigabyte Z87 motherboards. But there are some methods that you can use to test if it works or not. Try to go into BIOS and lower the RAM frequency. Just try to increase some voltage or else disable the C-States. Also try to update the BIOS of the motherboard, download their latest beta drivers first and install it in your pc. After that use all the 4 Dimm memory slots and see if that gives you any kind of errors?

First of all you need to make sure that you have the latest BIOS version installed in your machine, that is, GA-Z87-D3HP - F7c, download it from here. After that you must try to enable XMP profile in your BIOS which will setup the other required system voltages. Just try not to use the stability mode, jusy use the XMP. If you dont know how to do that then try to get information from your motherboard manual.