Thread: no response from Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X in my computer

no response from Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X in my computer

I am using a Asus M5A97 motherboard along with all other hardwares and Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X video card. After putting the computer together and running a system boot I am getting response from the CPU Fan, hard drive, and PSU. But the main problem is that I am not getting any fan response from the graphics card? I put this card in my other computer and it is working fine. I am using a Corsair 600W power supply, so do I need to change it or what? Thanks

Re: no response from Gigabyte Radeon R9 270X in my computer

Can you try to recheck all the connections that are made are solid. There is no thermal paste that got where it doesnt have to be and also check all standoffs are in place. Since you have already found that the graphics card is working in your other computer so probably it is time for you to test the Power Supply in your new build. Test the RAM as well and see if it is working fine. When you turn on your computer then do you get any sort of beeping sound or such? If yes then please let us know about it.

Are you actually connecting the eight pin 12v CPU pin block the the motherboard? Normally, the power to start the card fan comes through the PCIE slot. So, the eight pin gives an extra power phase to drive the CPU. And it also gives about 75w of power to the actual PCIE slots where the graphics card is plugged into. So, I am assuming that you have not connected the eight pin and therefore you are not getting any post from the system. Also install the latest BIOS for your motherboard.

Yes, the graphics card wont work if you have forgotten to plug the eight pin from the PSU to the motherboard. You will not get any kind of post even if you have plugged in the extra PCIE 12v power that is required for the video card. The PCIe slot will need the 74w to signal and recognize the graphics card. Then only the BIOS can see it in the slot and the 75w from the PCIe slot gives the card as much as any extra pcie 12v supplies to the card. Hence, the CPU and card fans was spinning and not the card fan.