Thread: overclocking settings reset on Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G

overclocking settings reset on Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G

I am having an old Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G motherboard that I am using with my Intel E7200 CPU. Just recently I was trying to overclock the CPU on this board which is having some problems it seems. If I am doing any overclock in the BIOS, the settings automatically reset back to normal. I have checked that the temperature of the system is even not exceeding too much but still to no avail. Is there anyone who can tell me how to overclock my system? Thanks

Re: overclocking settings reset on Gigabyte GA-P35-S3G

Can you tell us what settings you are using in your BIOS? Have you also tried to update to the latest BIOS firmware for your motherboard, you can get it easily from the official website of gigabyte. How much RAM are you using? How much overclocking are you attempting to achieve? There are also many automatic overclocking softwares that you can use to overclock your CPU. This software will let you know how far you can stress the overclocking limit on your system.

Can you go into the BIOS and try to load the optimized bios to defaults. Also, change your boot order to hard drive if necessary. If you have a limited amount of RAM then try to set overvoltage control to +0.1V. After that save the settings and exit BIOS to see if you get any overclocking results. The chances are very rare but if any then you may be able to see any type of overclocking without changing the voltage. Do you have any CPU cooler installed? And what power supply do you own?

Download an overclocking tool called Gigabyte EasyTune 6 Utility. Easy Tune 6 also has two levels of configuration, one is called Easy in which almost any setting cannot be applied and one with the name called Advance that lets the user experiment with many more parameters. Another strong point of this application is that since it can use the automatically overclock CIA2, which is also present in their BIOS, it will make it even more affordable and attractive to overclock a computer.