Thread: Gigabyte GTX 760 temperature high at idle

Gigabyte GTX 760 temperature high at idle

I have recently purchased a new system and also have bought the Gigabyte GTX 760 video card. After using it for a while when I checked the temperature of the graphics card then it was sitting at 45 degree celcius at idle and there was no activity done on the pc as well. Can anyone tell me whether this is a normal temperature or is it slightly high. I am using it on 2 monitors with 3 fans in the cabinet. Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GTX 760 temperature high at idle

Your graphics card temperature is surely higher and it is because you are using 2 monitors on it. The graphics card will not throttle down with 2 monitors which means if you had your GTX 760 with 1 monitor at idel then the card could have went down to 50mhz core but since you have it on 2 monitors then it will not go down to too much mhz and this thing usually produces more heat that you can expect. Otherwise your card seem to have a fine temperature.

Can you go into the setting in the Nvidia Control Panel and then go to Power Management Mode and open Manage 3D Settings. It might be kept on Adaptive, so try to change it to another option called 'Perfer maximum performance' which will usually prevent your card from throttling down. After you will check this option then you will not face the issue, just ensure to shut down your pc completely to apply all this changes. Hope this helps.

Well, I would first suggest you to run your Graphics Card with only 1 monitor and then check if the temperature is going down or not. This way you can make out whether it is the 2 monitor which you have connected is making the card to run at speed that is causing the temperature rise or not. I would also suggest you to use a cooler in your pc, if you think that the card is running at high temperature, it will definitely drop the temp a bit.