Thread: Gigabyte GTX 660 TI temperature too high

Gigabyte GTX 660 TI temperature too high

I recently got a second hand Gigabyte GTX 660 TI graphics card and when I checked the card's temperature then it was running at 70C. But when I check it in my computer then it is running at 82C at maximum. I am assuming that there is some problem with this video card because it should not run at this high temperature? Can anyone tell me whether this a defective card or not? Thanks for any information.

Re: Gigabyte GTX 660 TI temperature too high

I can say that if your GPU is running between 80-90C temperature then it is too hot and anything above 90C+ temp is not acceptable at all. If the card is running at 70-80C then it is acceptable and anything below that is quite good while you are playing any games on your pc. Any graphics card maximum temperature under gaming load should be 72C but if you are getting above that then it is extremely dangerous. So, try to exchange the card if you could, since its a second hand.

I assume that the cabinet that you have placed the graphics card in must be the cause of overheating where else you can get much better computer case for good airfolow. Can you try to manually control the fan speed of your graphics card and also remove the side panel of your chassis and see if the temperature goes down? Other than that if the card is under warranty then you should try to RMA it because newer cards shouldnt run at that much of high temperature.

I am also thinking that there might be no airflow inside the case and due to which you are getting those high temperature of the graphics card. Will it be possible to add additional fans on the side of the panel or at the front panel? Also, try to install the latest version of the motherboard BIOS for your machine and see if that makes any difference. If still this doesnt work then your only option is to RMA your Gigabyte GTX 660 TI card and get a new one.