Thread: Windows 7 64 bit crashing on Gigabyte Ga-P55-UD3

Windows 7 64 bit crashing on Gigabyte Ga-P55-UD3

I recently build a new PC with this motherboard along with a new hard drive and used the Windows CD to format and install the operating system on it. After successfully installing Windows 7 64 bit, I started installing drivers from the Gigabyte DVD but it crashed with a blue screen error. After that I restarted and tried to install the drivers again and this time there was no problem. I also put in my graphics card and installed the new drivers for it. But today when I tried to turn on this pc then it will simply freeze or give me blue screen after putting the Windows password. Even after restart it is doing the same thing and now I am stucked with this issue. So, if anyone knows how to solve it then please let me know. Thanks

Re: Windows 7 64 bit crashing on Gigabyte Ga-P55-UD3

How much RAM have you used in your new system? Have you tested the RAM sticks individually and checked if they are not emitting any errors. Can you try to reset your Bios and use the option of Load Optimized Defaults. After that restart your machine and again go into Bios and set the memory timings manually to 9-9-9-24 and set the DRAM V to 1.6V. You can also make some changes to the setting such as Sata mode to Ahci or else change the HPET Mode to 64bit and see if that works.

Can you enter your BIOS and change the boot order settings to either hard drive or something else like Floppy. If still you are getting the same issue then try to raise the QPI/Vtt to 1.15V. You can also try to set the DRAM V or DIMM V for your memory that you have to anything they are rated at, it might be 1.5V or else 1.65V, just try to let us know which one is it and then we can come to some conclusion.

The problem that you are facing could be also related to the driver installed in your machine. Can you try to boot into Safe Mode and see if you can get into to the Windows desktop. If you want then you can also attempt to reformat the new hard drive and reinstall Windows on it. Or else use one or two RAM sticks at a time and see if the issue fades away. This way you can come to know if it is a hard drive problem or RAM.