Thread: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Bios reset problem

Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Bios reset problem

I am using Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H motherboard for quite sometime and facing issues with its BIOS where it resets after restarting the power 2-3 times. I have all the latest drivers installed in my pc and have also updated the bios version of the motherboard. I have also reseted the CMOS battery and inserted a new CMOS battery as well. Still I cannot understand why the CMOS battery resets all of a sudden? Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GA-B75M-D3H Bios reset problem

What are your other computer specifications that you are using? What drive do you use, is it a SSD or Hard Drive? Incase you are using a hard drive then try to run it on IDE mode and test. The problem that you are facing could be caused by many things, it cannot be related to the motherboard or bios alone, it could be a problem with other components as well like RAM, processor, etc.

I would ask you to follow the steps given ahead. First pull the power cord out of the power supply and after that remove the CMOS battery. Now wait for 15 minutes and then press the On and Off button for 4-5 times on the front of computer cabinter to dissipate any residual power in the motherboard capicators. Now reinsert the CMOS battery and plug in the PSU. Try to restart computer and then go to BIOS and click the "load otpimized bios defaults" option. Now save and exit the bios and restart computer and then test if the problem persist or not.

First of all try to boot the motherboard without any devices connected and see if that works. To do that, turn off the computer and then turn off the power to the power supply and disconnect the external power cord to the PSU from the wall outlet. After that disconnect all the things like hard drives, floppy drives, cd/dvd drives, network cable, mouse and keyboard, all add-in PCI cards. Now try to boot up your pc and troubleshoot the problem.

I have to say - i'm the IT Administrator for about 40 pc's - only one has this motherboard in it and only one has problems whenever it is powered off for any period of time. This one. Not impressed Gigabyte !