Thread: Gigabyte GB-BXi3-4010 problem

Gigabyte GB-BXi3-4010 problem

I recently purchased a new Gigabyte BRIX GB-BXI3-4010 motherboard and connected a new mSata 256gb hard drive on it with 8gb Crucial RAM. I have connected the TV screen by HDMI and the unit power on with blue light but still the TV screen stays black. The mouse and keyboard are also not powering on. When I tested TV and cable by connecting a laptop then it worked. Can anyone tell me what is wrong here? Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GB-BXi3-4010 problem

Can you try to unplug the hard drive and RAM and reseat them again. There might be also a cmos battery on that motherboard which you can try to take it out and re-insert again after some time. Also check whether the mSata drive that you are using is in the supported list from this link - http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...well_msata.pdf. Also check the memory support list from this link - http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...ell_memory.pdf.

I was facing the same black screen issue with my Brix motherboard and foun ouf that it was due to the default video output on bootup was set to the Displayport. So, after putting a displayport to hdmi adapter on it I was now able to view the video on the screen. I dont understand why they have forced the displayport to be the default instead of the hdmi or maybe auto-sensing.

I am thinking that the problem might be because of the RAM. I had bought a 1.5v stick of RAM and connected it in the motherboard and was getting the same issue like many others. There was nothing displaying on the screen. I then decided to get new stick of 1.35v RAM and then the computer started working properly. Gigabyte should have specified earlier that 1.35v RAM was required to get it working in the first place.