Thread: keyboard not working to enter BIOS of Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

keyboard not working to enter BIOS of Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

I am using a Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 motherboard and recently bought a new usb keyboard that I have connected to my system. After turning on the computer the keys do not work when I am trying to enter BIOS of this motherboard. The lights on the keyboard do come up but the keys are not responding at all. Previously I was using Ps/2 keyboard which was working fine, then why is this problem arising with the usb keyboards? Any ideas

Re: keyboard not working to enter BIOS of Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3

Did you try to use a different usb port and checked if that is working or not? There are some motherboards that needs you to use specific usb ports so that you can use them for entering the BIOS key. I also believe that the Usb ports are enabled by default in your motherboard. If still you are having problem then try to take out the CMOS battery for 30 minutes and then insert it back again and then turn on the pc and see if the keys are working.

Even I was facing the same issue where neither the Usb keyboard nor the PS/2 keyboards were working. So, after a bit of research I found out that the RAM sticks were bad on my computer. After taking out one RAM stick out from the motherboard slot and keeping only one RAM I was able to enter the BIOS without any issues. You can try out this method and see if it works for you or not.

Can you try to press TAB key on your keyboard and check which version of the BIOS is installed in your system. If there is an old BIOS installed then download and install the latest BIOS version for your motherboard from the official website of Gigabyte and see if the problem resolves. If it doesnt work then probably there could be an issue with the motherboard and you will need to RMA it as soon as possible.