Thread: Gigabyte H77TN motherboard

Gigabyte H77TN motherboard

Hi Ya guys -

I am planning to build a AIO or say mod my DV9000 lapy with this MOBO, I already have it from a friend in the US so here are my Q

1. Will the I53570K processor work with this, on the compatability list there is the 3570 processor not the K version - so wanted to chk on this before jumping and purchasing the processor, main idea is to have HD4000 graphics on the processor

2. I am hoping any laptop memory should work, i am hoping to get the commonly available Transcend 1600 8 GB (4x2)

3.Since I almost want to use this laptop style - how can I probably hook up LiPO or any other laptop batteries to this Mobo - I still have my HP mains Charger unit which is rated at 19V and I hope will work direct powering the Mobo ( I would like to know the max power consumption in amps for this mobo).

4. I do have the custom heatsink for TN boards from Intel and I plan to design a case in a cad software and CNC it out ( I have CNC machine in house to do plastics)

This is my first attempt to do this sorta mod - so do help!

Thanks in Advance!

Re: Gigabyte H77TN motherboard

Everywhere I can find only that Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI is compatible with 3.4ghz i5-3570K, I dont know about the Gigabyte H77TN model series. You need to check with the motherboard manufacturer to find out if it is compatible or not. By the way I thought that only mobile CPU were supposed to be installed in laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by actionguy View Post
    Everywhere I can find only that Gigabyte GA-H77N-WIFI is compatible with 3.4ghz i5-3570K, I dont know about the Gigabyte H77TN model series. You need to check with the motherboard manufacturer to find out if it is compatible or not. By the way I thought that only mobile CPU were supposed to be installed in laptop.
    Whats the fun in doing some thing regular, you can find details on the H 77 Tn board, if you hit it on google (GA-H77TN (rev. 1.1)), since I am not yet 50 posts old on this forum , it does not allow to post links here

I t does show up a CPU support list , as as I said earlier mentions the 3570 but not the K version, so needed to know from Gigabyte if I can go in for this processor.

R / Irfan

Well I have gone ahead and bought the 3570K processor on flipkart, I am searching for a suitable SSD and memory which I will pick up @ SP road soon, I am searching for a laptop screen to test before I break open my HP laptop screen.

currently will use the HP laptop power brick to power it up.

I am planning to get this all done in say within a kilogram, lets see.

Congrats on your purchase. I have heard that the Corsair SSD are the best in the market and less costly compared to Intel SSDs or Kingston SSDs. As for RAM you can choose from many brands like Corsair, Kingston, G.Skill, etc. Why do you intend to change the HP laptop screen, is there any problem with it or so?

Well the the 3570K i5 CPU arrived from flipkart today - the seller was Navakar in Chennai, - the heat sink turned out to be damaged, cost was 15800 delivered!

well then I bought from SP road the transcend 256gb SSD and 4 gb corsair RAM, will upgrade with another 4 gb if this RAM works! totalled to 15800/-

as I have a new heatsink from intel for TN board so no worries on that.

will try a shot by booting it up on my LED TV as it the only display device which has a HDMI input to it!

well i did search for a wifi card for this board - but to no avail,

I need more help from members here to source out a few things

1. USB multi card reader which can have a mother board mount cord
    2. a USD webcam that can be installed similar to that like in a Laptop.
    3. A USB cam ( high End )to install on the back side to take high quality videos and pics.

any websites would be welcome ( yes ebay is one I know) but Indian websites are what I would prefer.

I think I will name this project as Tab-TAB build.

a pic of the hardware to show in the progress!

R/Irfan
    Attached Images Attached Images