Thread: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 Main BIOS Checksum Error

Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 Main BIOS Checksum Error

I am using a Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 motherboard for last 3-4 months now and yesterday after completing my project I turned it off. Then at night when I turned on the computer I am getting an error message that states "Warning: MAIN BIOS CHECKSUM ERROR!" and then the pc will reboot after sometime. I did try to clear the CMOS but still it didnt work? Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GA-970A-D3 Main BIOS Checksum Error

Have you tried changing the CMOS battery and tested if the problem persists or not? If not, then try pulling out all RAM but keep only 1 stick connected in the motherboard. Also, the place from where you have bought the motherboard should have warranty left on it. So, if nothing is working for you then perhaps a RMA of the board will be good option for you.

Since the board is only 3-4 month old then I dont think that the battery should die so soon on your new computer. So, it definitely seems like the motherboard has died but anyhow first check all other components as well, like check your power supply, is it working, what is the make and model of the psu? The best option left for you is to ask the dealer for a repair checkup of the system that you bought from him.

Even I had the same issue with my Gigabyte motherboard but I was able to recover it from a backup BIOS. So you should try the same solution or else contact the gigabyte service centre. You can even try to reset all the settings to default in the BIOS menu. Just start your computer and immediately tap on Del key and then choose the option of load optimized default and then press F10 to save the option and restart the pc.