Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H BSOD

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H BSOD

I am using a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H motherboard with i5 core processor and also a GTX 700 series graphics card. I am having some problems even after installing all the drivers from the disc and the gigabyte official website. There are some random BSOD with my old G.SKILL Ripjaws RAMs that I am using on this board. Also the usb 3.0 is working at usb 2.0 speed. So does anyone know what could be causing this problems? Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H BSOD

Can you try to update to the Beta BIOS for your motherboard that has some update for the memory support. Have you also tried to install the hotfix patch from the motherboard website download page? How many RAM sticks do you have, try to test each stick one at a time to see if all the memory modules are working fine. You can also try to reset the CMOS and then install the RAM and see if that works.

Can you also please list the BSOD error codes that you are getting over here? By saying that you get the BSOD randomly, do you mean that when you are not doing anything on your computer you get the BSOD or when you are running some programs? Can you check the settings and spees of your CPU and memory? Please let us know all this details first.

It might be possible that the RAM you are using in your system could be certified for XMP Ready for 2nd and 3rd Generation Intel Core Processors. So XMP profile will not work with a Haswell processor. To solve this issue, you will need to set the RAM latency manually to 1.5v or something higher. There might be different settings required to be applied for the memory.