Thread: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 hdd light stays on

Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 hdd light stays on

I recently got a new refurbished Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 motherboard. The issue that I am facing with this motherboard is that the hard drive light stays on even whatever power is being used. I assume if the hard drive is not used then its light should turn off or so? Does anyone know how to deal with this problem? Thanks

Re: Gigabyte 990FXA-UD5 hdd light stays on

Have you tried testing the hard drive in some other system and checked if it does the same thing. If not then it could be a problem with the motherboard. There might be some bootable diagnostics tools available for your hard drive model that you can run to repair some errors if it is present on the hdd, so try to troubleshoot it also.

Even I was facing same problem with the hard drive in my system and running different hdd diagnostics tool to fix the disk didnt turn the light off. But later I discovered that the Dvd drive was not showing up in the Windows Explorer, so I simply detached it from the computer and then noticed that the hard drive light turned off. So, you can do this things and see if it fixes your issue.

As a solution, it was told earlier that if you have the hard drive wires connected in the reverse order then you are tend to get the light staying on solid for the hard drive. But when you again reverse it and connect it to the hard drive properly then the hard drive light will not turn on if it is not in usage. This solution has worked for many users facing this problem, so try it and let us know how did it work.