Thread: Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI Bios issues

Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI Bios issues

I am using a Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI motherboard with Intel Core i5 processor and 4gb of ram. I also got a gtx 650ti video card and 650watt power supply. Now, after starting the computer I am not able to get ino the bios even though the keys are working when I press the Caps lock button. I have pressed all the keys like Del or F12 etc, but still I cannot get into the Bios. I have changed the RAM and also reseated the graphics card to no avail. I really need some help here.

Re: Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI Bios issues

Can you try to disconnect all the hard drive's in your computer and then see to it if the computer gets into the BIOS settings. If it doesnt work, then check that in which usb port is your keyboard and mouse are connected into, if its in the usb 3.0 port then disconnect it and then plug it in the usb port 2.0. Also try to press some keys like F11 or F10 at the starting screen of the computer.

When you start your pc for the first time then immediately start tapping the Delete key on the keyboard when the system is starting. As said above, dont use the USB 3.0 port for keyboards and mouse, simply use the Usb 2.0 port for same. Also, if you can get an old usb keyboard then try to test with it. You can even try to use a USB to PS/2 adapter and see if that helps.

I have read from quite few places that if you are using a Gigabyte graphics card with a Gigabyte motherboard then you seem to get similar kind of problem. So, you might need to upgrade the BIOS of the motherboard and see if that helps. Or else it could be also a problem with the video card that will only work properly in some other system.

After completing the build, turn the power on bios screen comes on but no keyboard it lights up but just wont work. I get the bios screen but can't navigate past that, even got a ps2 keyboard and nothing. took it apart and check every connector and no keyboard. The graphics card Is GEFORCE GTX 760, so I am really disappointed with this and is time to make inquiries to GIGABYTE which I am sure will be an Odyssey. Would certainly appreciate some help with this, Merry Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by machole View Post
    After completing the build, turn the power on bios screen comes on but no keyboard it lights up but just wont work. I get the bios screen but can't navigate past that, even got a ps2 keyboard and nothing. took it apart and check every connector and no keyboard. The graphics card Is GEFORCE GTX 760, so I am really disappointed with this and is time to make inquiries to GIGABYTE which I am sure will be an Odyssey. Would certainly appreciate some help with this, Merry Christmas!
    Well, what are the other components in your computer build, like how much RAM, which Processor and PSU, etc? Have you tried to boot the pc with only 1 RAM stick at a time. After BIOS screen what happens, is the screen completely black or do you get any sort of text or error messages? Try to load the default settings in BIOS and then see if the computer boots to Windows.

Thank you TJ for responding to my issue here, this is first six time power has been turned on it post into the BIOS Startup screen, but no keyboard function, tried ps2 keyboard nothing. The HDD and Optical drive are disconnected for now, only 4 x 8gb Vengeance DDR3 memory modules the GEFORCE GTX760, the monitor VIEWSONIC LCD (HDMI connected) and the keyboard are connected.

GA X79S UP5 WIFI LGA 2011
    i7 -3930 LGA2011
    4X8GB VENGEANCE MEMORY MODULES
    GFORCE GTX 760
    LG BLUERAY DVD
    240 GB SSD 72RPM
    CORSAIR HX850
    CORSAIR 600T CASE

Will try power on with only one memory module in slot #1 Also I am making a call to GIGATE for some answers if I can get them on the phone.
    Its Christmas Eve. Thanks Again

Hi machole,

Prior to the problem you are facing, did you change or do anything on your computer that made it not to boot? How old is your computer? When you turn on the pc first time then do you hear any beeping sound or so? If so then what beep codes are you able to hear, can you tell us that?