Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Bios Problem

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Bios Problem

I recently purchased a new graphics card GTX 650 ti and also a new hard drive and installed it in my Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H motherboard. I started my computer but I was not able to get into the BIOs to check the drive setup. Incase I dont press anything at startup then windows will boot from the original drive but when I press keys then I get a blank screen and not even a Windows boot. Also it seems that it is going to the bios but not displaying it? Does anyone know how to solve this problem? Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Bios Problem

It seems to me that the BIOS check procedure that is showing your main bios might be crashing and is not able to do the recovery from backup bios so that it boots up from backup or so. Have you checked the temperature going too hot around cpu or mosfet? You can also try to do a BIOS update and see if that solves the problem for you.

I think that the mix up in the drive ID might be the fact that the 1st drive the PC will try to boot from the one that is not having any partition, so it might be skipping to the next drive. Can you tell us how have you setup your boot order in the BIOS settings. Can you also try to disconnect the data cable from the 2nd hard drive and see if you can boot into the BIOS?

Prior to the installation of the hard drive and graphics card did you do any changes in the BIOS before? I would suggest you to try and reset the BIOS by removing the CMOS battery and then shorting the CLR_CMOS pins for 10 seconds. After that try to replace the Battery as well and it will reset the BIOS also to factory default which will also reset the date and time.