Thread: Samsung 256gb 840 pro ssd problem with gigabyte motherboard

Samsung 256gb 840 pro ssd problem with gigabyte motherboard

I have recently purchased the Samsung 256gb 840 pro SSD and have installed it in my Gigabyte GA-P55A-UD3R motherboard. Ever since then I am facing a lot of problems. There are many problem related to some editing software that is locking up my system all the time. I also set this SSD to AHCI mode in BIOS but that didnt do anything as well. Can anyone tell me how do I solve this problem?

Re: Samsung 256gb 840 pro ssd problem with gigabyte motherboard

What you can do is try to take the CMOS battery out to clean the CMOS and then only attach the SSD and dvd drive. Do not connect any other hard drive. Now go into the BIOS and then set the DVD drive to boot first and then SSD to boot second and also check that the storage mode is AHCI. After that download the AHCI driver and save it in the USB drive from here - https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...er%22&lang=eng. Now boot the computer and install the OS and then at the time when you are selecting an hard drive then plug in the USB and load the AHCI driver and then load the OS and install all the rest of the drivers and then check if the problem disappears.

There might be some read and write problems with the SSD. Just go into the BIOS and then go to the advanced tabs and search for the Sata configuration. There you will get options for IDE, Ahci and Raid. You should not check the option for the AHCI in your motherboard. After that boot to the desktop and then check if the SSD is performing well or not.

Yes, I also think that after you install the Intel AHCI driver you will get the maximum performance from the Intel Sata ports. Sata II of intel no doubt is better than the Sata III of marvel. So you will get good read and write speed if you connect the SSD to the Sata II port. You can even download the AS SSD Benchmark 1.7.4739.38088 software to check for any firmware updates or other options for the SSD.