Thread: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P problem with usb device

Gigabyte EP45-UD3P problem with usb device

I am having some trouble with the usb port of Gigabyte EP45-UD3P motherboard. When ever I connect any usb device in the back ports then my computer will hang all the time. I have tested many devices like Pen drive, ipod, music player, etc; all these devices when plugged in will freeze the computer. I think that there is some problem with the motherboard itself and replacing it will be a good idea? What do you suggest? Thanks.

Re: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P problem with usb device

I think that this USB problem that you are facing might be occuring if you have enabled the Legacy Usb setting in the Bios. So, you will need to get into the Bios setting and then try to load the optimized settings and save it and exit. After that try to boot to Windows desktop and then check whether the system is freezing if any usb device is plugged in or not.

Have you tried downloading and flashing the latest BIOS for your motherboard, you can download it from gigabyte's official website here - http://www.gigabyte.com/support-down...x?kw=EP45-UD3P. After the installation, turn off the computer and then try to clear the CMOS by taking out the battery from the motherboard for 5 minutes and then put it back in its place and then check if the issue is solved.

Can you try to log into your Bios setting and then go to the Integrated Peripherals options. After that you will be able to see an option called "Legacy USB storage detect" or if you have the latest bios then it will say "USB Storage Function", just try to disable it. Now try to boot normally to your desktop and then test by connecting any pen drive at the back usb port and see if the computer hangs or not.