Thread: Gigabyte GTX 660 fan noisy

Gigabyte GTX 660 fan noisy

I got a Gigabyte GTX 660 that I have purchased a month ago. I have noticed that there are 2 large fans on this video card and one of the fan is making a clicking noise. If I boot the pc without the video card then I have noticed that there is no noise made. The noise is not too much loud but it kind of irritates me. Can anyone tell me what should I do to solve this issue? Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GTX 660 fan noisy

Well, can you use your finger and apply small pressure to the fan enclosure and see if the noise stops. If yes then you can try to either use some tape or glue to hold it in place so it will not make the noise again. You can try to use some hot glue which will be effective with that type of issue and it will be also possible to remove that without any trouble.

Since you have purchased it only a month before, then you could try to RMA it and get a replacement from the store you have bought the video card. If no physical damage is done then they will have to get a replacement for this card. If any physical damage or any sticker is removed from the graphics card then I am afraid you cannot send it for RMA, the only thing left for you is to repair the graphics card fan at some local computer repair shop.

I think that some part of the fan shroud might be loose. It wont cause any problem but still it is quite irritating. Try to get a can of air and use a straw to get up into the bearing area and blow it out. If it wont work then use a contact cleaner and see if that works. If still that doesnt work then try to get an after market cooler with the same size that matches the blades.