Thread: Corsair Vengeance RAM not compatible with Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard

Corsair Vengeance RAM not compatible with Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard

I am using a Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard for quite some time and I have just recently purchased a Corsair Vengeance RAM which is giving me some trouble. I have reinstalled Windows 7 and the system was working fine. But after some days I started getting only blank screen on the screen and nothing else. So, to troubleshoot the issue I removed the RAM and inserted it again and the system started to boot fine like before. But after shutting down the computer, it will again give me the same problem. So, is it possible that corsair vengeance ram is not supported by this Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard? Thanks for answering my question.

Re: Corsair Vengeance RAM not compatible with Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard

Have you checked whether the RAM slots are not at fault? You can try to clean the ram slots with some dry cloth and then also clear the RAM modules by rubbing its edges with a rubber and then insert the RAM back again in the motherboard slots and see if that works. If it still doesnt work then either your motherboard RAM slot has some problem or the RAM itself is having some issues.

Re: Corsair Vengeance RAM not compatible with Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3 motherboard

What power supply are you using? Also do you use any video card on your system and also which processor you are using on the board? It could be possible that due to insufficient power from a low wattage power supply you are facing this problem. So, it will be best if you can upgrade to a 550W PSU atleast which will be more than enough to power all the hardware barebones.

I would suggest you to first of all upgrade the motherboard BIOS to the latest version and then test if you are still facing the issue or not. You will need to also set the RAM speed to match the speed that is supported by this motherboard and it is 1333mhz if I am not wrong, do it manually. A cheap power supply could be also the root of the problem as mentioned above.