Thread: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R continuous shutdown cycle

GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R continuous shutdown cycle

I am having a cold boot problem with the GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard that I have. All of a sudden my computer started to shut itself off after some time. When I press the power button then nothing happens. I have noticed that when I remove all the power cables from the PSU and other devices and then plug it back on the motherboard then the computer will start. But soon it will shut down again and after 5-8 shutdowns, it will start to work normally. I am using a Corsair 550W psu on this board with 4gb ram. I dont know whether this is a problem with psu or ram itself? Can anyone please help? Thanks

Re: GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R continuous shutdown cycle

This cold boot issue with this GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R motherboard has been ongoing for many people now and it was said that if you can upgade the BIOS version on this board to FH5 then this issue will be solved. You can also try to set 1.7 voltage or higher RAM timing and see if that works. If any of these doesnt work for you then you can report back again.

I was also facing the same issue when I was trying to overclock my RAM and CPU. Most of the time if I set the BIOS to a setting which was not compatible with it then my computer used to shutdown and restart with errors in a window on the screen and again will shut down and boot up with default settings for the RAM and CPU. So, you will have to setup your BIOS setting in accordance to something that works for your system.

Even I believe that you need to do a BIOS update first and then check for some compatibilities issue and overclocking problems. If you dont have 2 video cards connected to your board, you dont need to worry about your 550W power supply which is more than enough for your system. Also you can try to increase the RAM voltage to 1.7v, as suggested and see if that works for you.