Thread: Best Z87 based Gigabyte or Asus motherboard?

Best Z87 based Gigabyte or Asus motherboard?

I am looking to buy new motherboard and I was looking at the Z87 boards that are new out there. I havent seen much reviews on this board till yet specially the Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC Force motherboard. Also, I havent seen any review on the full ATX board so far for Asus motherboard's as well. These are no doubts high end boards but why there are not any reviews yet? So I was thinking if anyone here could give us some information on the Z87 boards available in the market? Thanks

Re: Best Z87 based Gigabyte or Asus motherboard?

If I were you then I would go for the ASUS Z87-PRO motherboard. This board is good in terms of hardware as well as the included software that comes with it. With its inbuilt AI Suite III, overclocking becomes a very simple task. The Bios functions can be very easily used that comes with simple mode for normal users and advanced mode for advance users. You even get a wifi and bluetooth built on the board and because of that you dont have to buy extra connectivity devices like a bluetooth dongle or a router. You should definitely purchase this board.

Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC is of course made for overclockers that is also compatible with the first Intel Haswell chips that is LGA 1150 required. Specifications side, it has four memory banks in double channel DDR3, two PCI-Express 3.0, one at x16 and one at x8 (x8/x8 when both slots are used) and two PCI-Express x4 ports. The storage part is itself secured by six ports for SATA 3 6Gb/s, with support for RAID 0,1,5 and 10. The rear panel provides six USB 3.0 and two USB 2.0 ports. There is also two HDMI ports and a DisplayPort and an eight-channel audio output and an Ethernet port Gigabit Lan. Overall this board is for overclocking enthusiasts.

Even I was going to buy the Asus too but then I saw Gigabyte Z87 OC Formula and was going to buy it. But later on I saw the Gigabyte G1.Sniper 5 motherboard which was having a very good audio feature. The only thing to regret in this board is the OC formula feature that this board misses. Since I am not a die-hard fan of overclocking, I would rather go with this good audio supported board.