Thread: Install Windows 8 in EFI mode on Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H

Install Windows 8 in EFI mode on Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H

I have got a Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H motherboard with 4Gb RAM and a 1Tb Western Digital hard drive. I was wondering if this motherboard will be able to install Windows 8 in an EFI mode or not? Does anyone know about the bios setting that needs to be modified to change dvd boot to efi or auto mode? Can anyone tell me how to also enable or disable the secure boot options in the BIOS, since there are so many security options that I am not aware of? Thanks.

Re: Install Windows 8 in EFI mode on Gigabyte GA-A75-UD4H

If you are installing Windows to an EFI-based computer, you must enable EFI mode in the computer's firmware. You must enable EFI mode in both attended and unattended installations. You must boot to 64-bit EFI-mode preinstallation media (64-bit Windows PE in EFI mode, or 64-bit Windows Setup in EFI mode). More information can be found out here - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...=ws.10%29.aspx

I think that Windows 8 uses the UEFI mode, which is one of its advanced feature. And normally, these type of Operating System need some high specs like touch screen monitor, BIOS of UEFI and SSD which might not be suppored in each legacy based system. The Dual UEFI Bios could differ as per the motherboard model. You will need to check the manual of your motherboard to check for the possibilities.

Actually, when you will set the BIOS boot option to default then the system will boot like the old way, happens in my Asus notebooks all time. Anyways, if you want to boot by enabling the EFI then you will get two options, like, you will be able to boot with or without legacy mode for signed or unsigned OS. I was facing some problem with installing another OS, whose disk image didnt have a signed OS file.