Thread: unable to get inside bios of Gigabyte GA-P61A-D3

unable to get inside bios of Gigabyte GA-P61A-D3

I have a Gigabyte GA-P61A-D3 motherboard and previously I was able to access in its BIOS settings without any problems. But now I am unable to access in the BIOS. When I press Del or F12 key on the keyboard then I am just getting a blue screen and nothing else, the BIOS wont open at all? I have not changed any hardware or software or anything in my pc, so why am I getting this problem? Any help would be appreciated.

Re: unable to get inside bios of Gigabyte GA-P61A-D3

Well, can you try to turn of the computer and then disconnect the PSU power cord from the wall. After that press and hold the front panel switch of ON and Off for 20 seconds. Now, wait for 10 minutes and after that connect your system to the plug and then start the pc and boot into the bios. Also, dont clear the CMOS just yet since if you are still unable to get in to the BIOS then your BIOS settings might reset to the non-optimized bios settings. Also, can you check whether your computer is running properly when you boot to the OS?

Well, can you tell us what is the make and model of the keyboard that you are using? Incase, if you are using a usb keyboard then try to connect it with other USB ports and see if that works. I am thinking that either the USB port or the keyboard is faulty, so thats why the DEL key or F12 key might not be working. Just check to make sure if this keys are working by booting in the OS.

Yeah, even I believe that it could be a keyboard problem. There was one of my friend who was using the Apple keyboard on his Windows desktop and he was not able to login into the BIOS settings. But once he bought the normal keyboards for Windows, then he was able to login into the BIOS. Also, try to test different PS/2 keyboards if you were using usb keyboard previously.