Thread: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P booting issue with intel graphics

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P booting issue with intel graphics

My system configuration is Intel Core i3 cpu, 2GB RAM, two 500GB hard drive, Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P motherboard and 1GB Nvidia graphic card. First I had connected my display by default on the gpu. The output was great for gaming here. Now there is some issue with the graphic card here. I downloaded and installed a gpu temperature monitor on my system and found that it is freezing a lot. I am unable to understand why. I simply removed it for cleaning and changing the heat sink. For temporary period I hooked the monitor on the hdmi port which is backed by on-board intel graphics. But the system is not giving out any display.

Re: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P booting issue with intel graphics

Try to change the cable. I think the issue lies with that. Did you checked the connection properly. just verify the same and then check back. Unfortunately the device does not has a vga port. Being a high end motherboard it lacks vga output and hdmi is the video output port. So I can only assist you to check the cable connectivity.

If changing cable does not work then you have to put your gpu back on your pc. This is just for sometime only. Because here we will go in bios and checkout the default video output. Ample of time it is set as onboard/pci. That means the motherboard looks for both the connection and whichever i active the display appear on that. In your system I think that settings is changed to pci only, due to which you are not able to get the video output. So just hook your gpu back, turn it your system on and first thing you have to do is go in the bios. I do not really remember under which section the video settings lies. You will have to find that manually one by one. I think it might be under integrated peripherals. Just check and then hit enter on the video output. From there either you can choose on-board only or you can choose a mixture of both. Based on the connectivity the board itself detect the direct video device connection and offers display. That is the easiest thing to fix the problem. Now as you said you had removed the gpu, so it will be a bit messy for you to fix it back and then turn it on again. It is essential that you must try to enter bios and apply proper bios settings to get the output.

I had gone with the same issue long time before. I was also having a gpu on my device. But it failed to work. I tried to boot on the regular on board graphic but there was no display. After flashing the bios things went back to normal. You must also try the same. Update your bios and then test back.

It is essential that atleast you must be able to see the bios screen. Or else the issue will be common and you will not be able to do anything. You are lucky that your gpu is still working. It is just getting heated due to which you are not able to use it for long time. I can provide you some suggestion to keep your gpu cooler. First thing clean the dust, apply a good quality heatsink. Do not buy any cheap one. There are nice heatsink tapes on the market which are costly but really beneficial for the gpu. Second thing you have to test the maximum power usage of your system. It happens a number of time we use a low power psu due to which everything in the system is affected. If you are having psu less than 440w then I will advice you to upgrade that. Buy a new one with more better power output or else this kind of issue will be common. Sometime due to poor air ventilation in the system also you face such issue.