Thread: Which one is better among Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H and Z77X-D3H

Which one is better among Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H and Z77X-D3H

I am going to buy a new motherboard for my system. I am also upgrading the processor and ram. I found two models in my nearby shop which is Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H and Z77X-D3H. I am stuck between this two and not able to get any difference. Here Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H comes for Rs.13000 and Gigabyte Z77X-D3H comes for Rs.10,000. Now I am not able to understand which one is better here. There is a price difference here and I do not want to buy a old system. I am looking for upgrades in terms of gaming.

Re: Which one is better among Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H and Z77X-D3H

I check the specification of both the motherboard that looks to be similar. Compare to D3H, UD3H is more durable. It features some GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 Technology that offers you more powerful board that can work in tough conditions also. Read the specs to get the difference.

The different lies with port also UD3H offers you a additional display port and that Ultra Durable 4 Technology. While the second one D3H comes with HDMI, DVI and RGB port. So this is the only different. While other all features are the same. There are no major changes in them. Both of them offer support for Intel's 3rd and 2nd generation processor. And also both of them has the same 3D bios. For overclocking I think UD3H is more better. It has durable features that makes the motherboard more reliable when you are talking about the performance and durability. The best part of buying Gigabyte board is that you get everything on a really low price. And if you look for the same kind of features in some other brand the price are higher here. The board looks to be loaded with ample of great features making it perfect for gaming and overclocking. So if you are not going to overclock your system then you can avoid UD3H. While if you want to then going for the costlier one is better. As per the specs that I had checked both of them are quiet similar in ports and other stuff. There can be bit changes in the audio output. For gaming pc I think UD3H will be more ideal choice. Which is only due to a durable design.

When we talk about gaming motherboard then there are ample of new features which are missing in UD3H. You must have a look on the Killer series of Gigabyte motherboard. It offers you features that can be helpful in future like 3 way Sli and 4 way crossfire support.

Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H is capable of giving a decent performance for any kind of system. I am talking about multiple gpu here. It offers great output with single graphic card. The Intel Z77 chipset is cool enough to deliver best performance out of everything. The board offers many easy to use features. One among them is dual UEFI 3D Bios where you can simply configure and control your bios settings in gui mode. The modification is extremely simple here. There is a LCD display on the board itself that post error code. You can on that basis troubleshoot the system. There are set of beep codes also that allows you easy troubleshooting. The LCD and BEEP codes are provided in the board manual itself. Ample of things on UD3H is very simple. And upgrade possibilities are also better. I can give you more general idea over Ultra Durable 4 Technology. This thing gives more reliable design to the board. Which consist of 2x copper support on the pcb and high capacity ferrite chokes. So in terms of overclocking the board can handle different heat pressure. One more changes in the board specification is PCI slot. There are three PCi E slots which offers good SLi and Cross Fire mode along with dedicated two more PCI-E x16 slots more high end graphic cards. This not provided on D3H. While other things are similar. If you do not require a powerful pc and additional HDMI port then you can go with the regular model which is Rs.3000 cheaper compared to the UD3H.

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H comes with High quality 108dB SNR HD audio. While in UD3H it is replaced by GIGABYTE Ultra Durable 4 Technology. So it depends on your needs. If you need a good board for gaming and multimedia then D3H is good, while if you need board for extreme overclocking performance then go for the other one.

It will be wise if you invest once. There are more high end board available in the same series. Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H offers you more better specification here with same LGA 1155 socket. This one comes with a high speed lan port for better multiplayer gaming. The board cost is Rs.18,000. Being costly it offers you a composite feature of UD3H and D3H. This new board also offers support for latest Intel 3rd generation 22nm processors. It features Digital Power Engine with 3D power. Along with this the pci slots are capable of running 2 way Sli/Crossfire support. So in future you can add more gpu on the same for better gaming output. Additional thing it offers you is Dual LAN support. Which is Intel Gigabit + Atheros Gigabit Ethernet controllers. For audio it offers you Realtek ALC898 with High Quality 110dB SNR HD audio. This board offers a composite feature of multimedia and high end gaming. It is durable for overclocking also. I will recommend you go for the high end model once with great features. Buying a good motherboard is always essential because the future upgrades rely on the same.

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H is really costly. As per your question it looks you can stay happy with regular D3H. That will be the cheapest motherboard for you. So if you are really not looking for high end features and needs a mid range system with average gaming output then go for D3H.