Thread: activate wake on lan on GIGABYTE GA-H77N-WIFI

activate wake on lan on GIGABYTE GA-H77N-WIFI

I am using GIGABYTE GA-H77N-WIFI motherboard and trying to figure out how to activate wake on lan on it. I am not able to find this option anywhere in my system. There are many other options like ErP mode and disabling or enabling them doesnt help at all. Should I need to update the bios on my system to get this feature? Does anyone have any clue? Thanks

Re: activate wake on lan on GIGABYTE GA-H77N-WIFI

Has anyone able to get Wake on lan working? I am also facing the same issue from quite some time. I have also installed the latest Bios update that was releasd for this motherboard but iy looks to me that with this new Bios only Windows 8 support is given. There are still no wake on lan options that could be find. Gigabyte needs to address this issue.

I think you can try some workaround if this feature of wake on lan is there in the bios for your motherboard. You can choose to select PME Event Wake Up that will allow the system to wake up from an ACPI sleep state by a wake-up signal from a PCI or PCIe device. So, if you want to use this feature then you will need to have an ATX power supply that can provide atleast 1A on the 5VSB lead, which will help you out.

So I emailed Gigabyte support by contacting them and they told me that there are no Wake on Lan feature supported on GIGABYTE GA-H77N-WIFI. I dont understand, why this important feature is missing, since it is incorporated in many upcoming boards now a days? Gigabyte should try to get all this options immediately in their boards or they might start losing customers for sure.