Thread: Enable Ahci or Raid mode in Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P mobo

Enable Ahci or Raid mode in Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P mobo

Recently I bought a new Gigabyte GA-945gzm-s2 motherboard and I am trying to figure out how to select ahci or raide mode in the bios. When I am trying to install the Intel Matrix Storage then I am getting an error message that says "This computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the software." Therefore I think that I will have to convert to Ahci mode and then install this intel matrix storage. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

Re: Enable Ahci or Raid mode in Gigabyte GA-P55-UD4P mobo

When you start the computer then immediately try to press the dell button on the keyboard to get into the bios. After that locate the Integrated Peripherals section in the Bios and then try to change the Sata Mode to Ahci or Raid mode, as per your choice, its pretty straight forward, isnt it?

There are usually 3 modes that you can keep tracks for. First there is IDE mode and in this mode you cannot enable Raid or Ahci mode. In the Ahci mode, which is also called the Sata mode, Raid cannot be enabled but only Achi can. In the RAID mode, it is actually the same as Ahci mode but with Raid support, to be exact. So, in RAID mode you have already got the Achi, so you dont have to switch to Ahci mode.

Thanks for the reply, but when I went into the Bios then I was not able to see that options. All I was getting was Enhanced, Compatible and Non-Compatible options. There are no options to select the raid or ahci mode? Do you have any other ideas about it or am I at a loss? Thanks.

Can you visit Gigabyte site and check whether your motherboard model supports Ahci and Raid mode or not? I assume that since you are not able to view the options of this modes in your Bios then it might not be supported. Download the manuals of this motherboard to get a clear idea about it. You can also contact the motherboard manufacturer's if it is ever going to be included in the updated Bios version.