Thread: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH blue screen of death upon boot

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH blue screen of death upon boot

I have got some problems with the Gigabyte Z77X-UP4 TH motherboard and also the Gtx 680 video card. I was having the Radeon 6870 card in this motherboard which was working fine without any issues. After upgrading to Gtx 680 I am not able to boot in Windows because I am getting a BSOD with error code "0x00000116" and "nvlddmkm.sys". I can only get into Windows by uninstalling the drivers for the new graphics card but upon installing any new drivers, whether new or old, and after a restart, I get the same error message. I tried to insert the same card in my friends Asus mobo and it worked fine without any issues, so it seems there is no problems with the card. Can anyone tell me what is the issue over here then? Thanks

Re: Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP4 TH blue screen of death upon boot

It could be an issue with the Bios, so ty to download the bios file with auto flash tool from this link - http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=4280#bios. After that save the file in a bootable disk. Now you have insert it in one of your usb drive and it will automatically flash the bios version of the board to the latest. You can even do this operation in DOS mode, if needed.

You may also need to test the Ram or Power Supply in your machine to rule out any problem related to it as well. How much Ram and what is your current Power supply you are using in your machine? You can try to do a memory test by going to memtest86 website and run an over night schedule to check if there isnt any Ram issues. Run each stick of Ram one at a time for better results.

I am using a Corsair 750W power supply and I also tried another same brand 750W power supply from my friends pc but still it was giving me the same blue screen error. So, it isnt a power supply problem I think. I have got 8GB ram installed and I ran the system with 1 ram stick and unplugged all the pci card to avoid any conflicts but that still didnt solve the issue? Do you think that the motherboard is at fault or so? Thanks for the replies

The error that you are getting about Nvlddmkm.sys is related to nvidia graphics card. So I would recommend you to remove and reinstall the latest version of graphics card drivers. It is always a good idea to update drivers manually and you should also disable driver installations in Windows Updates, which leaves windows update now to install drivers which could be usually older and cause problem. Check the below article on "Disable Searching Windows Update for Device Drivers" for more information:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l...8WS.10%29.aspx